PDA

View Full Version : Macintosh gamers unite!

La Femme Nikita
04-28-2003, 03:20 PM
Yeah, yeah, alright, I know...every PC gamer is going to come in here and will want to tell me why theirs is the superior format. Before you post, I don't want to hear it.

I own a PC (a laptop, which is perfect for LANs), that I only really play Counter-Strike off of when at home. For years, I have been a serious Mac user and still love them to death.

Here's my question: Are there any other freaks like me on this forum and, if so, why do you like using a Mac for gaming?

My favorite reason, other than the fact that OS X doesn't crash apps like XP does, is my bold, beautiful 17-inch LCD Cinema display. :D

BTW...not that any of you care, but I just found this forum this afternoon and am glad I did!

7.65mm
04-29-2003, 11:49 AM
I know you asked not to give a pro-PC argument, but I can't help myself. When I bought my first PC in 1994, I was stuck between choosing a PC (unfamiliar at the time) and a Mac (which I had used before). Macs are stable, yes, but I went with the PC because it had more games.

From what I have experienced, here are the pro's and con's for Macs.

+Stability
+Works well for video/photo editing
-Very expensive systems
-Expensive upgrades, need to purchase direct from Apple
-Difficult to network Mac-Mac, especially Mac-PC
-Video cards are slow to arrive to MAc
-Games have a delay time in arriving to Mac (6+ months from what I have seen on store shelves)

Am I wrong? This is what I have seen and I'll trade the slight stability advantage for the speed and price any day. If you want a stable PC, put together a good system with quality components and use Win 2000 Professional- it crashed once in 8 months.