PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help me out?

Captain Faramir
05-27-2003, 08:54 PM
During online gameplay, it will lag so bad that it freezes for a few seconds. This just started a couple weeks ago, and does it for every game. I'll go on to a server where my ping is only 50, then it will shoot up to 300, and then freeze.

Anyone know what the problem is?

ZConnor
05-28-2003, 04:44 PM
What game are you playing?

It could be the game's server that is fluctuating. Also, it could be that the level of processor load could be rising and falling as the CPU is needed to perform graphical applications.

What type of internet connection do you have? That could be a core problem.

ZConnor

Captain Faramir
05-28-2003, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by ZConnor
What game are you playing?

It could be the game's server that is fluctuating. Also, it could be that the level of processor load could be rising and falling as the CPU is needed to perform graphical applications.

What type of internet connection do you have? That could be a core problem.

ZConnor

The Game is BF 1942, however it's done it to other games like MOH: Allied Assault.

It happens on every server I go to.

I have a Cable Connection, and i've I've never had a problem until just a week or two ago.

Captain Faramir
05-28-2003, 08:11 PM
I also just tried playing it in Singler player, and it still does the same thing, so I don't know what it is now.

ZConnor
05-29-2003, 09:32 AM
If it's affecting your single player, non-online games, then it's not your internet connection. You have a cable modem, you should be more than set with that.

It might be your system itself. Do you have a 64 MB or larger graphics card from a big name hardware maker ie nvidia/ATI? What's your ram size and type?

PC performance can take massive hits from graphical demands. You'd notice these 'lags' whenever the CPU needs to draw large areas or multiple movements and special graphical effects. If so, then your system may need to be upgraded.

You could download a 3D performance program and check your systems ability to run 3D games/software. I think 3DOnion.com is one.

ZConnor

Balder
05-29-2003, 11:07 AM
Cable modems are known to be pretty unreliable on speed issues. Sometimes it works perfectly and sometimes not.

You also might have somekinda background program on that eats memory/refreshes something periodically so it always causes a spike in your netgraph.

Captain Faramir
05-29-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by ZConnor
If it's affecting your single player, non-online games, then it's not your internet connection. You have a cable modem, you should be more than set with that.

It might be your system itself. Do you have a 64 MB or larger graphics card from a big name hardware maker ie nvidia/ATI? What's your ram size and type?

PC performance can take massive hits from graphical demands. You'd notice these 'lags' whenever the CPU needs to draw large areas or multiple movements and special graphical effects. If so, then your system may need to be upgraded.

You could download a 3D performance program and check your systems ability to run 3D games/software. I think 3DOnion.com is one.

ZConnor

Thanks, I have a friend that knows alot about Computers, I think I'll give him a call have him take a look.