PDA

View Full Version : Paranoia Agent

Predalien
07-20-2006, 11:18 PM
WTF is this show about? Late at night on adult swim Ill turn it on and be very confused and it makes my head asplode!! whats with the giant pink stuffed dog thing? and why did one episode have a character interacting with the makers of the show? Why was the killer a kid in ne episode, but a huge man in the next?

*head asplodes*

The Questyen
07-21-2006, 12:32 AM
i've never watched it on adult swim, i saw it on dvd but Paranoia Agent is definitely one of those shows you need to watch from beginning to end and not just watch random episodes.

Drummers02
07-21-2006, 01:11 AM
I've seen the first episode a couple of times...and I caught the episode where the fat guy has to steal.....

...and he ironically runs into Lil' Slugger...

where he then begins to beat the crap out of him HAHAHA..that made me hella laugh

the Opening song scares the hell out of me

sideburnz
07-21-2006, 03:24 PM
yeah, definately watch this one from beginning to end. his name is golden bat damnit. stupid american version of the name. :mad:

GundamRT
07-21-2006, 03:26 PM
I only caught part of one episode, but it screamed "mindfûck" so loudly that I knew I had to sit down and watch the entire thing someday.

coolerimmortal
07-21-2006, 06:43 PM
yeah, definately watch this one from beginning to end. his name is golden bat damnit. stupid american version of the name. :mad:
Wrong. It's "shounen bat", not "golden bat", and "shounen" does not mean "golden".

To the OP: Just watch the entire series, and it'll sort of make sense. It's quite good, and the director (Satoshi Kon) is fantastic. Check out Perfect Blue if you ever get the chance.

Balmung480
07-22-2006, 11:29 AM
you have to understand the show switches from character to character to avoid being boring it is basically about a various people being killed by a boy with a bat and some of the people are attacked by him some are left to live the ones that r killed have some sort of mental problem. it is a cool show and if u wat the right episodes it is possible to just skip around but u will miss key clues

sideburnz
07-22-2006, 12:24 PM
shounen, golden. i blame the fansubs.

Oldboy Bebop
07-23-2006, 01:28 AM
This series is good but could have been great. Just a little to "out there." I agree with coolerimmortal though. Check out Perfect Blue ASAP.

GundamRT
07-23-2006, 11:35 AM
Yes, Perfect Blue is a must-see. I also loved Millennium Actress.

Mermaid
07-24-2006, 12:33 PM
As others have said, just watch from beginning to end and it will make sense. This is one series that you can't come into the middle of and get right off.

As far as Satoshi Kon's work goes, I love it. Skewer me all you want, but I think his best film was Tokyo Godfathers. Perfect Blue and Millennium Actress are each great in their own way, and I don't rate TG much higher. But it edges those two out for me.

the Opening song scares the hell out of meHehe. It's a regular on my playlist. Susumu Hirasawa makes such interesting music.

Demons In The Night
07-24-2006, 03:46 PM
Paranoia Agent is actually painful for me to watch it's so bad. I'm sorry, but shows that **** around too much, and just aren't good in the first place has no place with me. And I tried watching this one. I've seen like 10 episodes or so on AS before I told myself "no more".