PDA

View Full Version : Favorite manga?

coolerimmortal
07-21-2006, 06:54 PM
We've already got a Top 5 Anime thread, how about a favorite manga thread?

List away.

1) Berserk
2) Monster*
3) Eden
4) 20th Century Boys
5) Death Note (ending sucks, though)*
6) Gantz: First Stage *
7) GTO*
8) Battle Royale*
9) Vagabond
10) Jiraishin*

* indicates a completed series.

DarkRival
07-21-2006, 08:09 PM
Getbackers
Ranma 1/2
Initial D
Bleach
Naruto

Haven't been to the bookstore in while though so I got some catching up to do.

andarsoninflame
07-21-2006, 08:20 PM
vagabond

Blade of the immortal
Bleach
Cromatie High school
X/1999
Battle Royale

coolerimmortal
07-21-2006, 09:14 PM
Wierd, you each have a title that my team scanlates...Getbackers and Battle Royale...interesting...

Dark neo_wolf
07-21-2006, 09:17 PM
Akira, its amazing, read the 6 volumes.

Predalien
07-21-2006, 09:46 PM
1. berserk
2. FMA
3. Dragonball (unlike "Z" it was actuallly more than powering up then fighting. It had humor, action, good dialog, and was a all around fun series)

coolerimmortal
07-21-2006, 10:22 PM
Akira, its amazing, read the 6 volumes.
I have. It's quite good.

kenada
07-22-2006, 08:10 AM
Initial D is my all-time favourite manga, but some other ones I like include Love Hina, Naruto, Bleach, Battle Royale and the original Dragon Ball series.

thorshammer
07-22-2006, 08:44 AM
1) BERSERK
2) BERSERK
3) BERSERK
4) Hellsin
5) Witch Hunter Robin

Steve Brandon
07-22-2006, 12:36 PM
Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou (http://ykk.misago.org/) by Hitoshi Ashinano is probably my favourite overall, for being a kinder, gentler post-cataclysmic manga where the twilight of humanity is like a pleasant, tranquil summer evening.

Manga I like all of the way through:

Gals! by Mihona Fujii
Kimagure Orange Road by Izumi Matsumoto (never published in English, but I have all 18 volumes in French)
Urusei Yatsura by Rumiko Takahashi (everything that's been published in English... though Viz put it on permanent hiatus in 1998 only halfway through)
You're Under Arrest by Kosuke Fujishima (only volumes 5 and 6 were ever published in English, but I have all 7 volumes in French)

Manga I love but have some issues with:

Ah my Goddess! by Kosuke Fujishima (used to call it my favourite manga, but the manga really began to jump the shark for me in the early twenties (volumes) when Fujishima began to introduce a lot more action around the time of the release of the movie, presumably to make it more like the movie, and the fantastical but still slice-of-life elements that made me love the series in the first place began to fall by the wayside)
Cardcaptor Sakura by CLAMP (first half is wonderful... second half gets too weird).
Magic Knight Rayearth by CLAMP (pretty much the same as CCS... I prefer the first half)
Sailor Moon by Naoko Takeuchi (the arcs that correspond to Sailor Moon SuperS and Sailor Stars in the anime, where some things are similar to the manga but a lot is different since the series were being animated while Takeuchi was still writing the manga, are a mess. I really have little idea what's happening.)

RadioactiveMan
07-22-2006, 05:46 PM
battle royale!!!! and....errrrr....nah never mind

andarsoninflame
07-22-2006, 09:04 PM
Akira, its amazing, read the 6 volumes.I forgot this
Akira
FlCl
vagabond
Blade of the immortal
Bleach
Cromatie High school
X/1999
Battle Royale

Oldboy Bebop
07-22-2006, 11:14 PM
I hate reading so I just watch anime. I'll list some of my 13 year old daughter's favorites:

Battle Royale
Hellsing
Peach Girl

Hates Samurai Champloo

coolerimmortal
07-23-2006, 01:07 AM
I hate reading so I just watch anime. I'll list some of my 13 year old daughter's favorites:

Battle Royale
Hellsing
Peach Girl

Hates Samurai Champloo
:eek:

Oh my.

Oldboy Bebop
07-23-2006, 01:12 AM
:eek:

Oh my.
Yea but she looks girly manga as well. I just can't remember them.

coolerimmortal
07-23-2006, 02:23 AM
Yea but she looks girly manga as well. I just can't remember them.
Ah, I see.

I can't stand shoujo, myself...it's probably because I'm a teenage male, but the crappy art, repetitive stories, idiotic characters...it annoys me.

ZzombieX
07-23-2006, 03:04 PM
Berserk and Blade of the Immortal are the big ones for me.

dDoKbOkGi
07-24-2006, 01:24 PM
Fushigi Yuugi
FY Genbu Kaiden
Good Morning Call
Peach Girl: Change of Heart
Tsubasa

Idk I guess those are it for now. I usually like any of Yuu Watase's work though.

GundamRT
07-24-2006, 03:30 PM
Currently reading:

Akira (through vol. 4)
Negima! (just picked up vols. 6-10)
Neon Genesis Evangelion (through vol. 9)

Read:
Love Hina
Chobits
Gundam W: Episode Zero, Blind Target, Battlefield of Pacifists
Mobile Suit Gundam: Blue Destiny
Ghost in the Shell

All of these I greatly enjoy.

Stuff I've either flipped through and couldn't get into or started and never finished:
Video Girl Ai
Bastard!
Escaflowne
From Far Away

Demons In The Night
07-24-2006, 03:36 PM
Manga is ****in expensive, so I have little of it unfortunatly.

What I do have:

Bleach
Ah My Goddess
Ranma 1/2
Tenchi Muyo
Sailor Moon
Slayers

coolerimmortal
07-24-2006, 10:40 PM
Manga is ****in expensive, so I have little of it unfortunatly.

What I do have:

Bleach
Ah My Goddess
Ranma 1/2
Tenchi Muyo
Sailor Moon
Slayers

And this is why I download manga. I buy plenty of legit titles, but quite a bit of stuff isn't even available in America, and it is often butchered in the process.

Demons In The Night
07-24-2006, 11:00 PM
And this is why I download manga. I buy plenty of legit titles, but quite a bit of stuff isn't even available in America, and it is often butchered in the process.Yeah, I downloaded the latest Bleach manga, but that's the only series I have downloaded manga from. I might need to expand that a bit.

Predalien
07-24-2006, 11:10 PM
I cant stand to read a downloaded manga. Somehow scrolling down and clicking is not nearly as satisfiying as buying a book, reading it, then adding it to your collection on the shelf.

Mnemosyne
02-08-2007, 07:53 PM
Bumping another old thread just for the hell of it.

1. Angel Sanctuary
2. Monster
3. 20th Century Boys (hopefully Urasawa will finish it soon...)
4. NANA
5. Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind
6. Paradise Kiss
7. Fruits Basket
8. Revolutionary Girl Utena
9. Death Note
10. The Rose of Versailles

Eh, there were a lot of other titles I think should be on there as well - I've always been pretty lousy at list-making.

Stoppardian_Banter
02-08-2007, 09:32 PM
I don't read that much manga, due to money and interest issues, but the two series I follow are One Piece and Rurouni Kenshin.

Hiro Protagonist
02-09-2007, 06:41 AM
I only own Love Hina, which I liked quite a bit, with a few reservations, Azumanga Daioh, which is great, and Yotsuba&, which is adorable but hasn't seen a new release in over a year.

Oldboy Bebop
02-10-2007, 05:41 AM
Oldboy
Paradise Kiss
Full Moon
Princess Ai

ggfunk
02-11-2007, 06:54 AM
5. Berserk
4. Cowboy Bebop
3. Battle Royale
2. Akira
1. Lone Wolf and Cub

penguin5
02-15-2007, 11:00 AM
Gonna buy love hina this weekend woo!

Dinalfos 2
02-17-2007, 03:29 AM
1: Princess Mononoke
2: Death Note
3: Oh My Godess!
4: Bererk
5: Battle Royale
6: Kerberos Panzer Cop
7: Akira
8: 3.3.7 Byooshi!!
9: Psychic Academy
10: Riki-Oh

This list is far from complete.

Mitchell A.
03-26-2009, 02:21 PM
My Favorite Manga

- Fairytail
- Rave Master*
- One Piece
- Naruto*
- Shippuuden
- Monster Hunter Orage
- Monster Soul*
- Fullmetal Alchemist
- Love Hina

*indicates serise that are completed

Steve Brandon
03-26-2009, 09:24 PM
I'm not going to copypasta my post from nearly three years ago (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/vine/showpost.php?p=9011469&postcount=10), but I'd definitely amend it with:

Ichigo Mashimaro/Strawberry Marshmallow by Barasui, since it's so cute and funny and also surprisingly snarky, for those that can get past the cuteness.
Azumanga Daioh by Kiyohiko Azuma, for light and fluffy slice-of-life high school nostalgia, if my high school had been full of girls with pleasant personalities and guys who are apparently so docile that they don't have any noteworthy personality traits of their own.
I like what I've seen of Azuma's Yotsuba, but I only managed to get a random volume (I forget which one) before it switched publishers.
Aqua/Aria by Kozue Amano. More slow-paced slife-of-life with a slight sci-fi twist, just like Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou, for anyone who wishes they could spend languid afternoons aboard gondoliers on the canals and oceans of a terraformed Mars.
Ouran High School Host Club by Bisco Hatori.

Dunno if I'd still list GALS! as one of my all-time favourites, though I still like it.

SunnyDay
03-27-2009, 01:34 AM
"Berserk" only!!!

patrick m.
03-28-2009, 11:07 PM
berserk
B.A Alita
crying freeman
strain
nasicaa O.T.V.O.T.W.
Satsuma gishiden
Vampire Hunter D

bonjob s.
04-15-2009, 07:54 PM
hey guys, what do you like about manga?
i don't like reading mangas. it don't have any animation,
colors, etc. i'll just get bored when i read a manga.

JOEL C.
05-07-2009, 04:42 PM
my list are
naruto
bleach
eden
manga
guys wanna try this Find out the owner of any cell phone or unlisted number. Results include name,
address, carrier, and other details when available. Your search is confidential.

http://atezaz.phonesrch.hop.clickbank.net