PDA

View Full Version : Detective Conan/Case Closed

Demons In The Night
07-24-2006, 06:23 PM
Ok, I just want to say how much I love this show. I first saw it on Adult Swim quite some time ago, I since then I have religiously obtained the fansubs. No matter how much I love demons, magic, mecha, vampires, etc, you cannot go wrong with a good ol detective/mystery show. It's bloody brilliant how Kudo Shinichi (I forget his english dub name) puts together the evidence, and solves the case, while diverting the attention away from himself and the fact that he was the one who solved the mystery at the same time. It's sad that it's not on AS (I'm pretty sure it's not), but in my opinion the subtitle is better anyways. Here is the plot summary taken off animenewsnetwork.com :

Detective Conan/Case Closed

Kudo Shinichi is a seventeen year-old high school detective whom people call the "Modern Sherlock Holmes." However, one night after a date with his childhood sweetheart, Ran, Shinichi witnessed an illegal trade and, caught off his guard, was knocked unconscious and fed a drug that was supposed to kill him... but he woke up and found himself shrunken to a seven year-old. In order to track down the men who did this to him, Shinichi hid his identity and lived with Ran, whose father happened to be a hopeless detective, and with that came a series of murders and mysteries that he must solve.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there anyone else here that has seen/likes this show?

Mermaid
07-24-2006, 07:37 PM
I saw an episode or two at a friend's house maybe two years ago. I found it entertaining, but wasn't really too motivated to find other episodes. Partly since it has many, many episodes. The style for some reason reminds me of the old Dennis the Menace cartoon.

Oh and in the dub, they renamed him Jimmy and Ran to Rachel.

Demons In The Night
07-24-2006, 07:46 PM
I saw an episode or two at a friend's house maybe two years ago. I found it entertaining, but wasn't really too motivated to find other episodes. Partly since it has many, many episodes. The style for some reason reminds me of the old Dennis the Menace cartoon.

Oh and in the dub, they renamed him Jimmy and Ran to Rachel.I can't comment on that, seeing how I've never seen Dennis the Menace cartoon. I don't know why, but I just find this show to be downright entertaining. There is not one episode that I do not like. I love the style that it's made. I guess I'm just a sucker for mysteries (I read mysteries also).

coolerimmortal
07-24-2006, 10:35 PM
I really liked watching it on Adult Swim. It's not an especially deep show, and I suspect that Conan not managing to become normal again gets tiresome after 400+ episodes, but it's a good show. A pity Adult Swim dropped it.

Demons In The Night
07-24-2006, 10:59 PM
I really liked watching it on Adult Swim. It's not an especially deep show, and I suspect that Conan not managing to become normal again gets tiresome after 400+ episodes, but it's a good show. A pity Adult Swim dropped it.Yeah, that must be like an anime record for most number of episodes. Sailor Moon might give it competition though with it's own ridiculous amount of episodes

King James the Awesome
07-25-2006, 09:17 AM
What a boring show. I've never seen a more redundant anime. It's like a Japanese Scooby Doo.

ERotIC
07-25-2006, 10:42 AM
It was fun to watch a few times, but it got tiring for going on too long.

My brother still buys the manga.

Demons In The Night
07-25-2006, 05:08 PM
What a boring show. I've never seen a more redundant anime. It's like a Japanese Scooby Doo. That's taking it way too far. It's insulting to even compare the two.