Forums

Forums (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/vine/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/vine/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Brand new seasons of Workaholics & Archer premiere this week. (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/vine/showthread.php?t=2285413)

D.H. 01-16-2013 10:32 AM

Brand new seasons of Workaholics & Archer premiere this week.

My two favorite half hour shows debut this week. First off Workaholics Season 3 tonight on Comedy Central. (check your local listings)

http://cdn-5.nflximg.com/images/8983/68983.jpg

It's an Episode titled Booger Nights.

Here's a preview clip.

http://www.comedycentral.com/video-c...he-officeisode

D.H. 01-16-2013 10:33 AM

And Archer season 4 premieres on FX on Thursday night the (17th). Episode 1 is titled Fugue & Riffs.

http://images.tvrage.com/news/archer...m-season-4.jpg

Here's some season 4 clips.

There's even going to be a Bob's Burgers crossover with Jon Benjamin playing Archer playing Bob.

Popsicle Pete 01-16-2013 10:37 AM

Mallory in a wedding dress! And Pam ****ing a dolphin!

I'm there.

Steveland 01-16-2013 10:40 AM

That guy in Workaholics who isn't the one with the hair or the tall one is a pretty funny dude.

No, I don't know his name and won't be searching for it.

D.H. 01-16-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steveland. Danger. (Post 20343475)
That guy in Workaholics who isn't the one with the hair or the tall one is a pretty funny dude.

No, I don't know his name and won't be searching for it.

Adam DeMamp on the show. Adam Devine IRL.

Steveland 01-16-2013 10:42 AM

Yes, Adam Devine. I actually knew that because I just watched Pitch Perfect the other day.

Bronco67 01-16-2013 11:18 AM

I keep telling people to watch Workaholics and they say "Workawhat? Is that on after 10? I don't stay up late."

nipplehead 01-16-2013 11:22 AM

Probably my two favorite comedies. I can't wait.

Smoke Bomb 01-16-2013 11:24 AM

The Season 3 extras for Archer weren't quite as good as the ones for Season 2, but damn that Cooking With Archer bit paid off like a mother fucker.

gilaskan 01-16-2013 11:28 AM

I've not yet watched workaholics, but I'm really excited for Archer. It's really almost stealthily making it's way up the list of "Best Ever Animated Series." I feel like it's a show everyone loves but I never hear people talking about. Not in real life, at least.

nipplehead 01-16-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gilaskan (Post 20343573)
I've not yet watched workaholics, but I'm really excited for Archer. It's really almost stealthily making it's way up the list of "Best Ever Animated Series." I feel like it's a show everyone loves but I never hear people talking about. Not in real life, at least.

Pretty true. I have one roommate who I got into it, but the rest of my friends don't even know what it is, despite my impassioned pleas to watch it. Only my Internet associates love it.

Smoke Bomb 01-16-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nipplehead (Post 20343583)
Pretty true. I have one roommate who I got into it, but the rest of my friends don't even know what it is, despite my impassioned pleas to watch it. Only my Internet associates love it.

I've gotten two friends to follow it closely, and a few others that I get to watch it on Netflix/Blu-Ray. This show deserves to be the biggest thing.

Wish the third season had more commentary tracks available.

nipplehead 01-16-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega Tom Hanks (Post 20343598)
I've gotten two friends to follow it closely, and a few others that I get to watch it on Netflix/Blu-Ray. This show deserves to be the biggest thing.

Wish the third season had more commentary tracks available.

I need to buy the third season. I have the first two but I agree, I need to do everything humanly possible to make sure this show stays on the air.

Smoke Bomb 01-16-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nipplehead (Post 20343601)
I need to buy the third season. I have the first two but I agree, I need to do everything humanly possible to make sure this show stays on the air.

The second season has some of the best extras I've ever seen on a home release. The skit where Select the black box below with your cursor to view the spoiler text
Archer gets blown up and surgically rebuilt to look like Jon Benjamin
deserves national recognition.

nipplehead 01-16-2013 11:59 AM

I haven't even watched any of the extras! I know what I'm doing tonight!

nipplehead 01-16-2013 11:59 AM

I kind of miss Jon Benjamin Has a Van, now. That show was moronic but hilarious at times.

Smoke Bomb 01-16-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nipplehead (Post 20343624)
I kind of miss Jon Benjamin Has a Van, now. That show was moronic but hilarious at times.

There's like 3-4 episodes that are hysterical beginning to end, most the episodes more hit than miss.

Smoke Bomb 01-16-2013 12:05 PM

This commentary track for Lo Scandalo is off to a very good start.

nipplehead 01-16-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega Tom Hanks (Post 20343631)
There's like 3-4 episodes that are hysterical beginning to end, most the episodes more hit than miss.

Yeah, like most skit shows it had a lot of miss, but when it hit it had me rolling. The sketch where the one city was a tourist destination for people committing suicide was incredible.

Smoke Bomb 01-16-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nipplehead (Post 20343643)
Yeah, like most skit shows it had a lot of miss, but when it hit it had me rolling. The sketch where the one city was a tourist destination for people committing suicide was incredible.

They had a skit involving a weapon from Dead Rising 2 that killed me, the suicide episode is one of the four I was speaking of. Shame on Me was guaranteed gut-busting. The Cheaters spoof has beautiful payoff. Glad they cut the show off at one season though.

El Seven 01-16-2013 12:10 PM

I'm planning on checking out 'Ruxin's new show too.

D.H. 01-16-2013 12:14 PM

No love for the Bob's Burgers/Archer crossover? It sounds awesome.
Quote:

['Archer' creator Adam Reed] really likes ‘Bob’s Burgers,’ and the fourth season has a ‘Bob’s Burgers’ tie-in, which is really bizarre. It’s like a ‘Bourne Identity’-type plotline. It starts off with Archer as Bob, making hamburgers, but he doesn’t know that he’s Archer. He’s at the restaurant and these, like, I think Russian thugs come in, and Bob dispatches them expertly. And then he’s like, What just happened? How did I do that? So he has to try to figure out why he’s so good at killing people.

Smoke Bomb 01-16-2013 12:17 PM

I'll love it if it's the result of Krieger drugging him.

nipplehead 01-16-2013 12:23 PM

Krieger is the best.

gilaskan 01-19-2013 03:53 PM

I'm going to bring this thread back for a hot minute to say that I started watching Workaholics and marathoned the first two seasons in the past three days. Really great show. The masturbation episode in season 2 might be the single funniest episode of television that I've ever seen. I'm probably going to wait for season 3 to complete before I try watching it, so I can pound through that too. A lot of fun, though. More than I thought I would have.

Select the black box below with your cursor to view the spoiler text
Tight butthole.

D.H. 01-19-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gilaskan (Post 20348569)
I'm going to bring this thread back for a hot minute to say that I started watching Workaholics and marathoned the first two seasons in the past three days. Really great show.

Excellent. I'm glad you liked it.

Quote:

The masturbation episode in season 2 might be the single funniest episode of television that I've ever seen.

Temp-tress was a great episode. The masturbation session in Ders' Volvo may be the funniest scene in the whole series. That or the episode where Anders and Adam are fighting over the rich milf and they have to keep stopping because they both have raging boners.
Quote:

Tight butthole.

The tightest.

gilaskan 01-19-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D.H. (Post 20348661)
Temp-tress was a great episode. The masturbation session in Ders' Volvo may be the funniest scene in the whole series. That or the episode where Anders and Adam are fighting over the rich milf and they have to keep stopping because they both have raging boners.

That was definitely great, yeah. The whole body builder competition at the end was gold too, but yeah, the fight they have the stop because of erections was just too funny. Back to the bodybuilding, for the sake of it-

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8...xhwpo1_500.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by D.H. (Post 20348661)
The tightest.

"You're taking the term butthole out of context."

Nived 01-19-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D.H. (Post 20343664)
No love for the Bob's Burgers/Archer crossover? It sounds awesome.

When I saw that opening it kind of reminded me of "A History of Violence".