Forums

Forums (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/vine/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/vine/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Richard Roeper & Michael Phillips pick the worst films of 2007 (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/vine/showthread.php?t=604294)

WaterMargin 01-12-2008 08:45 PM

Richard Roeper & Michael Phillips pick the worst films of 2007
 
From this weeks Ebert & Roeper show:

Michael Phillips
01. Hostel: Part II
02. Shoot 'em Up
03. Bratz
04. Good Luck Chuck
05. The Hearbreak Kid
06. Because I said So
07. Lars & the Real Girl
08. Wild Hogs
09. The Number 23
10. Ocean's Thirteen


Richard Roeper
01. I Know Who Killed Me
02. Bratz
03. Norbit
04. Southland Tales
05. Good Luck Chuck
06. License to Wed
07. The Reaping
08. I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry
09. Rush Hour 3
10. Perfect Stranger

Immaculate 01-12-2008 08:46 PM

So Roeper put out a better list than someone...

let it go 01-12-2008 08:47 PM

I've come to the conclusion that Roeper is just anti-Lindsay, and I believe I have enough evidence to support that claim.

Noodles Redux 01-12-2008 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaterMargin
From this weeks Ebert & Roeper show:

Michael Phillips
01. Hostel: Part II
02. Shoot 'em Up
03. Bratz
04. Good Luck Chuck
05. The Hearbreak Kid
06. Because I said So
07. Lars & the Real Girl
08. Wild Hogs
09. The Number 23
10. Ocean's Thirteen


Richard Roeper
01. I Know Who Killed Me
02. Bratz
03. Norbit
04. Southland Tales
05. Good Luck Chuck
06. License to Wed
07. The Reaping
08. I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry
09. Rush Hour 3
10. Perfect Stranger

Wait, what?

See-Jay 01-12-2008 08:48 PM

I guess they didn't see Epic Movie.

Lux Obscura 01-12-2008 08:48 PM

haven't seen any of 'em, I think my crapdar is still working well.

though I thought lars and the real girl was supposed to be decent.

Noodles Redux 01-12-2008 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yalnif
I've come to the conclusion that Roeper is just anti-Lindsay, and I believe I have enough evidence to support that claim.

Or maybe Lohan is in just alot of terrible films. That makes sense.

Old Bastard Ed 01-12-2008 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Immaculate Exception
So Roeper put out a better list than someone...

:eek:

KillSwitch2 01-12-2008 08:49 PM

I usually can't tell Roeper's "Best" and "Worst" lists apart.

Mr. Kong 01-12-2008 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaterMargin
From this weeks Ebert & Roeper show:

Michael Phillips
01. Hostel: Part II
02. Shoot 'em Up
03. Bratz
04. Good Luck Chuck
05. The Hearbreak Kid
06. Because I said So
07. Lars & the Real Girl
08. Wild Hogs
09. The Number 23
10. Ocean's Thirteen


Richard Roeper
01. I Know Who Killed Me
02. Bratz
03. Norbit
04. Southland Tales
05. Good Luck Chuck
06. License to Wed
07. The Reaping
08. I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry
09. Rush Hour 3
10. Perfect Stranger

That choice alone makes his list a failure.

Mr. Kong 01-12-2008 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightbat666
though I thought lars and the real girl was supposed to be decent.

You thought wrong.

Select the black box below with your cursor to view the spoiler text
it's awesome.

let it go 01-12-2008 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noodles Redux
Or maybe Lohan is in just alot of terrible films. That makes sense.

But he also gave thumbs down to Mean Girls and A Prarie Home Companion, and put Just My Luck on the worst of 06 list. But I'm also just anti-Roeper, so, there you go.

Chaotic 01-12-2008 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaterMargin
From this weeks Ebert & Roeper show:

Michael Phillips
01. Hostel: Part II :up:
02. Shoot 'em Up :down:
03. Bratz
04. Good Luck Chuck
05. The Hearbreak Kid :down:
06. Because I said So
07. Lars & the Real Girl
08. Wild Hogs
09. The Number 23
10. Ocean's Thirteen :down:


Richard Roeper
01. I Know Who Killed Me
02. Bratz
03. Norbit
04. Southland Tales
05. Good Luck Chuck
06. License to Wed
07. The Reaping :down:
08. I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry :up:
09. Rush Hour 3 :up:
10. Perfect Stranger :up:


Atticus is HIGHLY TENSE 01-12-2008 08:54 PM

They didn't see Epic Movie, Halloween 07, or The Hills Have Eyes 2

KillSwitch2 01-12-2008 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by }-[ChA[0]TiC]-{
From this weeks Ebert & Roeper show:

Michael Phillips
01. Hostel: Part II :up:
02. Shoot 'em Up :down:
03. Bratz
04. Good Luck Chuck
05. The Hearbreak Kid :down:
06. Because I said So
07. Lars & the Real Girl
08. Wild Hogs
09. The Number 23
10. Ocean's Thirteen :down:


Richard Roeper
01. I Know Who Killed Me
02. Bratz
03. Norbit
04. Southland Tales
05. Good Luck Chuck
06. License to Wed
07. The Reaping :down:
08. I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry :up:
09. Rush Hour 3 :up:
10. Perfect Stranger :up:

Are the thumbs indicating what you feel about each film or whether you agree with their inclusion on the respective lists?

Chaotic 01-12-2008 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atticus-alaric
They didn't see Epic Movie, Halloween 07, or The Hills Have Eyes 2

No but Roeper was Rush Hour 3, Chuck & Larry and Pefect Stranger. Those 3 are on my worst list.

Virus 01-12-2008 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yalnif
But he also gave thumbs down to Mean Girls and A Prarie Home Companion, and put Just My Luck on the worst of 06 list. But I'm also just anti-Roeper, so, there you go.

I did too, but I would admit to hating Lindsay Lohan. I am also anti-Roeper. His just a terrible critic and writer.

Das Floyd 01-12-2008 08:56 PM

Hostel Part 2 wasn't good, but it wasn't terrible either, Halloween 07 owns those lists.

TeamCanada 01-12-2008 08:56 PM

Quote:

Michael Phillips
01. Hostel: Part II
02. Shoot 'em Up
03. Bratz
04. Good Luck Chuck
05. The Hearbreak Kid
06. Because I said So
07. Lars & the Real Girl
08. Wild Hogs
09. The Number 23
10. Ocean's Thirteen
Rush Hour 3 > Ocean's Thirteen ??

Whoever Michael Phillips is, his 15 minutes ended with that list right there.

& p.s. Shoot'Em Up is the most fun I've had watching a DVD in a long time

Old Bastard Ed 01-12-2008 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PBF
Hostel Part 2 wasn't good, but it wasn't terrible either, Halloween 07 owns those lists.

'solutley. The fact that it was on neither list imho disqualifies both.

Travis27 01-12-2008 09:00 PM

300 & Transfromers should be in every worst movie of 2007 list.

let it go 01-12-2008 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travis27
300 & Transfromers should be in every worst movie of 2007 list.

I'll agree with this.

Mr. Burns 01-12-2008 09:01 PM

Fred Claus should be there

Filmwise 01-12-2008 09:01 PM

Holy hell. These lists have to be jokes. I'm calling bologna on this one.

Mr. Kong 01-12-2008 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yalnif
I'll disagree with this.


Chaotic 01-12-2008 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillSwitch2
Are the thumbs indicating what you feel about each film or whether you agree with their inclusion on the respective lists?

:down: means I disagree and :up: means I agree.

Hollyweird 01-12-2008 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noodles Redux
Wait, WTF?

fixed

Chaotic 01-12-2008 09:06 PM

Where the fuck is High School Musical 2?

Thief12 01-12-2008 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaterMargin
From this weeks Ebert & Roeper show:

Michael Phillips
01. Hostel: Part II
02. Shoot 'em Up
03. Bratz
04. Good Luck Chuck
05. The Hearbreak Kid
06. Because I said So
07. Lars & the Real Girl
08. Wild Hogs
09. The Number 23
10. Ocean's Thirteen


Richard Roeper
01. I Know Who Killed Me
02. Bratz
03. Norbit
04. Southland Tales
05. Good Luck Chuck
06. License to Wed
07. The Reaping
08. I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry
09. Rush Hour 3
10. Perfect Stranger

Luckily, I've succesfully avoided all of those.

Conductor 71 01-12-2008 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaterMargin
From this weeks Ebert & Roeper show:

Michael Phillips
01. Hostel: Part II
02. Shoot 'em Up
03. Bratz
04. Good Luck Chuck
05. The Hearbreak Kid
06. Because I said So
07. Lars & the Real Girl
08. Wild Hogs
09. The Number 23
10. Ocean's Thirteen


Richard Roeper
01. I Know Who Killed Me
02. Bratz
03. Norbit
04. Southland Tales
05. Good Luck Chuck
06. License to Wed
07. The Reaping
08. I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry
09. Rush Hour 3
10. Perfect Stranger

Ocean's Thirteen is the only movie I seen off of both lists, and it's the worst movie I saw in 2007.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:39 AM.

© 1998 - 2014 by Rotten Tomatoes, for personal use only. Certain features powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©1998-present by Rotten Tomatoessm. For personal use only.