Forums

Forums (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/vine/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/vine/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   "Sex with you is a very Kafka-esque experience." (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/vine/showthread.php?t=624666)

Brightside 05-06-2008 08:32 PM

"Sex with you is a very Kafka-esque experience."
 
"...thank you."

MaxRenn 05-06-2008 08:33 PM

We use a large vibrating egg.

Brightside 05-06-2008 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxRenn
We use a large vibrating egg.

Ask a psychotic person and you get that kind of answer.

Alex Weitzman 05-06-2008 08:37 PM

They did not take me in the Army. I was, um, interestingly enough, I was, I was 4-P. Yes. In the, in the event of war, I'm a hostage.

Slugburger 05-06-2008 08:40 PM

In Beverly Hills they don't throw their garbage away. They turn it into television shows.

KillSwitch2 05-06-2008 08:42 PM

My granny never gave gifts. She was too busy getting raped by Cossacks.

Brightside 05-06-2008 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slugburger
In Beverly Hills they don't throw their garbage away. They turn it into television shows.

What did you do, grow up in a Norman Rockwell painting?

DreCosby 05-06-2008 08:50 PM

A relationship, I think, is like a shark. You know? It has to constantly move forward or it dies. And I think what we got on our hands is a dead shark.

Vasco 05-06-2008 08:54 PM

In 1942 I had already discovered women.

Brightside 05-06-2008 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreday
A relationship, I think, is like a shark. You know? It has to constantly move forward or it dies. And I think what we got on our hands is a dead shark.

That was the most fun I've ever had without laughing.

DreCosby 05-06-2008 09:10 PM

There's an old joke - um... two elderly women are at a Catskill mountain resort, and one of 'em says, "Boy, the food at this place is really terrible." The other one says, "Yeah, I know; and such small portions." Well, that's essentially how I feel about life - full of loneliness, and misery, and suffering, and unhappiness, and it's all over much too quickly. The... the other important joke, for me, is one that's usually attributed to Groucho Marx; but, I think it appears originally in Freud's "Wit and Its Relation to the Unconscious," and it goes like this - I'm paraphrasing - um, "I would never want to belong to any club that would have someone like me for a member." That's the key joke of my adult life, in terms of my relationships with women.

Captain Jazz 05-06-2008 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdbf26
In 1942 I had already discovered women.

Oh, come on, Alvy! Even Freud speaks of a latency period.

Brightside 05-06-2008 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreday
There's an old joke - um... two elderly women are at a Catskill mountain resort, and one of 'em says, "Boy, the food at this place is really terrible." The other one says, "Yeah, I know; and such small portions." Well, that's essentially how I feel about life - full of loneliness, and misery, and suffering, and unhappiness, and it's all over much too quickly. The... the other important joke, for me, is one that's usually attributed to Groucho Marx; but, I think it appears originally in Freud's "Wit and Its Relation to the Unconscious," and it goes like this - I'm paraphrasing - um, "I would never want to belong to any club that would have someone like me for a member." That's the key joke of my adult life, in terms of my relationships with women.

It's astonishing how well I can relate to Allen's character in this movie. More than anything that Groucho Marx quote.

Allen Smithee 05-06-2008 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreday
There's an old joke - um... two elderly women are at a Catskill mountain resort, and one of 'em says, "Boy, the food at this place is really terrible." The other one says, "Yeah, I know; and such small portions." Well, that's essentially how I feel about life - full of loneliness, and misery, and suffering, and unhappiness, and it's all over much too quickly. The... the other important joke, for me, is one that's usually attributed to Groucho Marx; but, I think it appears originally in Freud's "Wit and Its Relation to the Unconscious," and it goes like this - I'm paraphrasing - um, "I would never want to belong to any club that would have someone like me for a member." That's the key joke of my adult life, in terms of my relationships with women.

:D

Vasco 05-06-2008 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Movie Buff 202
Oh, come on, Alvy! Even Freud speaks of a latency period.

Well, I never had a latency period. I can't help it.

Captain Jazz 05-06-2008 09:16 PM

Right, well I have to go now, Duane, because I'm due back on the planet Earth.

Brightside 05-06-2008 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allen Smithee
:D

You? You kiddin'? If the Gestapo would take away your Bloomingdale's charge card, you'd tell 'em everything.

Allen Smithee 05-06-2008 09:19 PM

To lazy to qoute just watch!

Brightside 05-06-2008 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allen Smithee

Oh, I love that part.

Captain Jazz 05-06-2008 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allen Smithee

You know nothing of my work!

Allen Smithee 05-06-2008 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Movie Buff 202
You know nothing of my work!

Boy if only life were like this...

Brightside 05-06-2008 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Movie Buff 202
You know nothing of my work!

Annie, there's a big lobster behind the refrigerator. I can't get it out. This thing's heavy. Maybe if I put a little dish of butter sauce here with a nutcracker, it will run out the other side.

Allen Smithee 05-06-2008 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brightside
Annie, there's a big lobster behind the refrigerator. I can't get it out. This thing's heavy. Maybe if I put a little dish of butter sauce here with a nutcracker, it will run out the other side.

:D

Must rewatch SOON.

DreCosby 05-06-2008 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allen Smithee

Sooriyakumaran: the early years

AntoineDoinel 05-06-2008 09:27 PM

Touch my heart . . . with your foot.

Brightside 05-06-2008 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntoineDoinel
Touch my heart . . . with your foot.

Ha! I love it.

Agent Michael Scarn 05-06-2008 09:30 PM

Annie, please, I've been killing spiders since I was 30.

Captain Jazz 05-06-2008 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent Michael Scarn
Annie, please, I've been killing spiders since I was 30.

You've got a spider in here the size of a Buick!

DreCosby 05-06-2008 09:33 PM

Hey, don't knock masturbation. It's sex with someone I love.

Captain Jazz 05-06-2008 09:34 PM

"Love" is too weak a word. I lurve you. I luff you.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:14 AM.

© 1998 - 2014 by Rotten Tomatoes, for personal use only. Certain features powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©1998-present by Rotten Tomatoessm. For personal use only.